Last Updated: 03/04/2020
When we refer to "Ad" within the below policies this also includes but not limited to banners, videos and all other 3rd party digital content provided by members within the community to promote their product/service/social group.
When we refer to "submitters" and "user" we are referring to the end user who provided the ad to display on our website.
Here at Asphalt Events we want to support a healthy digital advertising system. The purpose of this page is to help you build ads that align with our advertising policies listed below. These policies are designed not only to abide by laws, but to ensure a safe and positive experience for our users. This means that our policies prohibit some content that we believe to be harmful to users and the overall advertising system.
Content you can't advertise on our site.
- Counterfeit Goods.
- Dangerous products or services.
- Enabling dishonest behaviour.
- Inappropriate content such as but not limited to adult content, alcohol, gambling, political.
Things that you can't do if you want to advertise with us.
Restricted Content & Features
Content that you can advertise, but with limitations.
- Trademark - When using any 3rd parties trademarked content it is the submitters responsibility to hold the appropriate documentation for its agreed usage and any misuse falls onto the submitters. This includes legal actions taken against the trademarked content.
- Copyright - When using any 3rd parties copyrighted content it is the submitters responsibility to hold the appropriate documentation for its agreed usage and any misuse falls onto the submitters. This includes legal actions taken against the copyrighted content.
Editorial & Technical Requirements
We want to deliver ads that are engaging for users without being annoying or difficult to interact with, so we've developed editorial requirements to help keep your ads appealing to users. We've also specified technical requirements to help users and advertisers get the most out of the variety of ad formats that we offer.
- Editorial - We only allow ads that are clear, professional in appearance and that lead users to content that is relevant, useful and easy to interact with.
- Destination Requirements - We want users to have a good experience when they click on an ad, so ad destinations must offer unique value to users and be functional, useful and easy to navigate.
- Examples of promotions that don't meet destination requirements:
- Sites or apps that are under construction, parked domains or are just not working.
- Sites that are not viewable in commonly used browsers.
- A display URL (URL presented in the provided ad) that does not accurately reflect the URL linked to the content. Such as banner saying "asphalt.events" but takes users to "TruckersMP.com".
- Ad Format Requirements:
- Resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Image format of either PNG or JPEG.
- Images must not contain any transparent backgrounds resulting in the webpage behind to be visible.